GDPR Privacy Notice
Effective date: 28/07/2022
The purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") is to protect all European Union ("EU") citizens from privacy and data breaches by allowing citizens to maintain control of the personal data kept and processed by organizations, which includes BeatStars Inc ("BeatStars", "us", "we", or "our") . The GDPR also protects the personal data of individuals, regardless of citizenry, in the EU.
BeatStars is committed to safeguarding the privacy of personal data. Furthermore, BeatStars is committed to protecting your privacy online. We are also committed to providing you with the very best experience we can on our website at BeatStars.com and BeatStars mobile (our “Sites”) and all related sites and other web-based services that enable website visitor access on our behalf, including players, widgets, tools and other services provided by BeatStars (collectively, the "Services"). This Policy also describes how we use personal data, the purpose for sharing and recipients of personal data and your rights and choices associated with that data. By using BeatStars, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Use of Information
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our website. We use the collected data for various purposes including:
- To provide and maintain our Sites and Services, including to take steps to enter into a contract for sale or services, bill you for services and process payments and fulfill transactions;
- To enable and allow you to participate in interactive features of our Sites and Services and provide you with a personalized service, content and ads;
- To create custom audiences on social media sites;
- To provide you with better products and services and improve and grow our business, including to perform research and development, understand our customer base and purchasing trends and understand the effectiveness of our marketing;
- To operate and maintain safe, secure and reliable Sites and Services;
- To provide customer support, including to contact you in response to an inquiry that you sent, and send administrative messages, technical notices, updates, alerts and other information;
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- To track the progress and number of entries in our promotions and contests;
- To contact you on behalf of certain artists or other third parties and recommend artists to our business partners for publishing engagements;
- To perform accounting, audits and other internal functions; and
- To comply with a request or order from courts, law enforcement or other government authorities.
BeatStars may also use personal information for other business purposes, including the following: (i) perform accounting, audits and other internal functions; (ii) compliance with our legal obligations or to assert or defend a legal claim; (iii) general business administration; (iii) processing employment applications; and (iv) systems and data security.
In addition, if we feel that a user abuses the BeatStars.com site in any way, we reserve the right to use and share certain information with third parties. Abuses include (but are not limited to) possible copyright infringement, possible libel and slander, and possible fraudulent or illegal activity.
Third Party Use of Sensitive Information
We may disclose your Sensitive Information and other Information as follows:
- Consent: We may disclose Information if we have your consent to do so.
- Emergency Circumstances: We may share your Information when necessary to protect your interests and you are physically or legally incapable of providing consent.
- Employment Necessity: We may share your Information when necessary for administering employment or social security benefits in accordance with applicable law or any applicable collective bargaining agreement, subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
- Public Information: We may share your Information if you have manifestly made it public.
- Archiving: We may share your Information for archival purposes in the public interest, and for historical research and statistical purposes.
- Performance of a Contract: We may share your Information when necessary to administer a contract you have with the BeatStars.
- Legal Obligation: We may share your Information when the disclosure is required or permitted by international, federal, and state laws and regulations.
- Service Providers: We use third parties who have entered into a contract with the BeatStars. In such cases, we share your Information with such third parties subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
- BeatStars Affiliates: We may share your Information with parties that are affiliated with the BeatStars for the purpose of contacting you about goods, services, charitable giving or experiences that may be of interest to you.
- De-Identified and Aggregate Information: We may use and disclose Information in de-identified or aggregate form without limitation.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your information when you transmit it to us and when we store it on our information technology systems.
Cookies and Other Technology
Retention and Destruction of Your Information
Information created in the European Union will be transferred out of the European Union to the BeatStars. If you feel BeatStars has not complied with applicable foreign laws regulating such information, you have the right to file a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority in the European Union.
Updates to This Policy
We may update or change this policy at any time. Your continued use of the BeatStars’ website and third party applications after any such change indicates your acceptance of these changes.
If you have any questions about this GDPR Policy or wish to exercise one of your Data Subject rights, please contact us: