California Employee and Contingent Worker Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 04/13/2023
This Privacy Notice is provided by BeatStars Inc., (collectively “we”, “us”, “our”) to our current and former staff (“Employees”), independent contractors, temporary or agency workers, occasional workers, freelancers, volunteers and apprentices working in any of our facilities who are residents of California (“you”, “yours”). This Notice describes the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for their use in the course of your engagement with us.
For the purpose of this Notice only, independent contractors, temporary or agency workers, occasional workers, freelancers, volunteers and interns are referred to collectively as “Contingent Workers” and their engagement may be included in references that use the term “employment” although they do not meet the definition of employees for any purpose and as defined by the Company. Nothing in this Notice shall be interpreted to create a relationship of employment where one does not otherwise exist at law.
This Applicant Notice does not address or apply to our collection of personal information that is not subject to the CCPA, such as consumer credit reports and background checks, publicly available data lawfully made available from state or federal government records, or other information that is exempt under the CCPA.
Categories and Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact information: your first and last name, any alias you use, postal address, email address, and phone number, emergency contact name and phone number, dependent first and last name, dependent SSN, dependent DOB, dependent address;
- Other identifying information: social security number, drivers’ license number, other identification provided for I-9 purposes, passwords and other security information for authentication and access, medical information, insurance information, driving record, criminal history and other background information;
- Financial information: bank account information and payroll pay cards; credit history;
- Biometric information: imagery of the face or fingerprints;
- Demographic information: gender, race, nationality, ethnic identification, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status;
- Geolocation data: device tracking and timekeeping;
- Medical information: observations, inquiry responses, and testing results;
- Internet or other electronic activity: browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate the internet;
- Employment information: employment history, education information, professional license, and education;
- Audio and visual information: recordings in our offices or meetings; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
Categories of Use
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Employment Purposes: We use your contact information, other identifying information, financial information, demographic information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, employment information, audio and visual information, and inferences to:
- Recruit and hire you
- Determine your eligibility to work
- Employ you
- Perform investigations and background checks
- Provide HR services
- Provide payroll and benefits
- Perform performance evaluations
- Provide discipline
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, demographic information, and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Health and Safety: We use your contact information and medical information to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services: We use your contact information, and internet activity and browsing history to monitor and improve the services we provide to you.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, financial information, employment information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, audio and visual information, and inferences to protect you, our company, and others and property to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Legal: We use your contact information, other identifying information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to:
- Comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements
- Defend our company in and protect our company, property, and others through legal proceedings
- Corporate Transactions: We use your contact information, other identifying information, financial information, employment information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to complete a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information is among the assets transferred.
If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.